Wednesday 14 October 2015

Why move across town when you can move half way across the world? | No comments:

So it is exactly a week today that I left London to come to Israel, or to come home. Making Aliyah was a decision that came natural to me after a series of experiences within Israel that made me not only fall in love with the country, the people and the culture, but I embarked on this whole journey of self-discovery (as seen in previous post here), and well I love this version of me and I need to explore it and live it further along with everything Israel has to offer to a young Jewish girl...This will be the making of me.


This is the 3rd re-pack - the final pack.
Excluding 3 wardrobe clean-outs
I make it look easy right?

Wednesday 7th October
6:10am Luton Airport (here I go...)

So here I am standing at the El AL Check in desk with my partner in crime/BFF /father (they're all one person BTW aka Dad). Am I scared? No. Am I sad? No. Do I have excess luggage? YES. Obviously...I mean this was an absolute given considering I was expected to pack my whole entire life into 3 mere slash GINORMOUS suitcases. Its me.

IT IS 6AM. I DO NOT CARE WHAT I LOOK LIKE
FINAL SELFIE.
I LOVE YOU DAD XO.

***Time out. Please bear in mind that I have actually had to move out of my house, compact an overflowing wardrobe into 3 cases (I still recycle outfits from when I was 16), meaning I have donated around 15 bags of clothes and some to the local charity shops, god bless you all, pack all my shoes, all my bags and well...EVERYTHING. Easy for some, not for me! PS. I.AM.A.TOTAL.HOARDER. Can I just say this whole life cleanse of cleaning out my wardrobe, belongings and room has been beyond therapeutic and I feel so wonderful and SO organised.***

Uh oh... Wait one of my cases has actually exceed the HEAVIEST it can be, plus my hand luggage is too heavy. "Excuse me miss, you will need to also heck your hand luggage in". OK so here we are with an increasing bill, I now have no hand luggage and we are being charged for an extra bag, marked VIP, I take it that means Very Important Princess? JK...PFFFF. Luckily I packed a folded up duffel bag in my hand luggage...you never know, believe it or not, whilst I over pack and DO NOT pack light, I over-prepare for everything. It is exactly why I always have to much.Classic.

What if it rains? I packed an umbrella.
What if I buy loads of stuff and cant carry it or my bag breaks? I packed a duffel bag
What if I get bored? OK my hand luggage consists of 4 fashion magazines, a gluten free cookbook, a kindle, sweets, 2 notebooks, keepsakes and the list is endless. Hey, at least I am never bored (coming from the girl is so easily amused, laughs at herself and finds comfort in talking to anyone and EVERYONE)
I'm prepared.

To cut a long story short (or not) the lady at the check in desk was beyond kind, they waved the bill on the 4th bag and just charged me for the excess. Probably because I am making Aliyah...TODA RABA.


11:20am I HAVE BOARDED THE PLANE

OK, so after a very-greasy fry-up (not like I'm about to be in a bikini the next day or anything) YOLO. Wandering the shops, unlimited smiling, I have boarded the plane and I am ready to go. My best friends gave me the sweetest gifts at my leaving/birthday party, so here I have the scroll that my darling doll, Darcey wrote me ready for reading high up in the sky along with a note from George, and my Wanderlust diary from Maria. Ready for take off? YAAAAAS!

Waiting to board...

1:00pm UP IN THE AIR..SKY HIGH

I'M SOBBING. I LOVE MY FRIENDS LITERALLY. CAN'T DEAL. MY DARLING DOLLS I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

I HAVE THE BESTEST DARLING DOLLS IN THE UNIVERSE.
I MISS YOU ALL AND LOVE YOU.
THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU XO.

6:20pm Israeli Time - I HAVE ARRIVED AT BEN GURION AIRPORT, TEL-AVIV, ISRAEL

To be continued....xoxo

No comments: