Sunday 16 February 2014

I'll Stop Wearing Black When They Invent A Darker Colour | No comments:










Black may symbolise something far darker to some, however to me it is classic, nonchalant, timeless and portrays elegance and opulence. In more ways that some black is sartorial. There is something about wearing black on black on black that makes me feel at ease, not only is it flattering on the figure, but goes with everything, and never ceases to amaze. Black can be simple and it can be dramatic; in this look I am wearing a simple dress/shirt combo accompanied by Suede, wedged heels paired with Frilly Socks. The frilly socks and shoe combo is a signature feature added to many of my looks, I am definitely a girly girl and love frills or accentuating an outfit with an accessory such as frilly socks.

I fell in love with this feather jacket back in November whilst treating myself with my first paycheck from my new job. It stood out to me instantly with its outlandish style and 50's demure. It is definitely a dramatic piece that risks looking too much if paired with the wrong outfit for the wrong occasion. There is something that screams 1950s Hollywood with this look and my favourite accessory is the hat, which you'll be happy to hear is from Primark! What a bargain buy!

Dress/ Hat - Primark
Shirt - American Apparel
Feather Jacket - Dahlia (Brand can be found on LG floor of Topshop's Flagship Oxford Circus store)
Wedged Heels - River Island
Frilly Socks - Topshop
Bag/Necklace - Chanel

Bea {x}

No comments: